Design Professional Services
WHO WE ARE
To provide individualized assistance and information to your design, engineering and architectural teams in order to ensure that you use the optimal JM roofing system and products that meet the specific needs of the project and installation conditions.
We are here to provide informational support for any member of your design team. We can serve as a consultative resource at any stage of the process, providing answers for your product-related questions.
Meet the team:
Sr. Specifier Services Representative
Carly has a bachelor of science degree in civil and environmental engineering from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. She has worked in the construction industry since 2015, previously having worked for a general contractor. Carly is CDT certified, holds national memberships in CSI and IIBEC and is a LEED Green Associate.
Specifier Services Representative
Joel has a MS in mechanical engineering from Arizona State University and brings with him extensive experience with energy efficiency for commercial buildings. He is a national member of AEE, ASHRAE, CSI and IIBEC.
Specifier Services Representative
Brandon holds a Bachelor of Architecture degree from Colorado University.? He has worked in the design/construction industry since 2011, where he operated a Fa?ade Access Consultant.? Brandon currently holds national memberships in CSI and IIBEC.
We offer customizable education programs that are certified by American Institute of Architects (AIA). We offer anything from one-hour “Lunch and Learns” to a 10-hour, multiple-day seminar. Our program is known as (BURSI) Better Understanding of Roofing Systems Institute. Please contact your local sales representative for more information on upcoming BURSI dates or visit our calendar to see the next educational seminar is in your area.
2020 TRAINING DATES:
Oct 5-6, 2020
Nov 9-10, 2020
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ??
when the membrane stops: expansion joint covers and edge metal solutions
- Identify roofing accessories and how they can affect the longevity and durability of your roof system.
- Describe the different expansion joint types and what is best for your roof system.
- Discuss differential building movement and how to correctly compensate.
- Explain the importance of edge metal systems: what works, what doesn’t and how to tell the difference.
Use It or Lose It—Re-roof or Re-cover of Existing Roof Systems
- Evaluate an existing roof to determine long-term solutions: re-cover, replacement or coating.
- Explain the effects a re-cover or replacement decision will have on your existing system.
- Explain requirements to meet building code and manufacturers’ requirements.
- Compare different membrane and insulation product types for advantages and disadvantages.
ROOF INSULATION AND COVER BOARDS
- Gain a better understanding of both high-density and low-density roofing insulation.
- Review thermal resistance design along with dew point calculation.
- Complete a comparative analysis of all primary low-slope roofing insulations and coverboards.
- Describe tapered insulation and system design.
How Multi-ply Membrane Systems Give Your Roof Extra Protection
- Review the history of modified bituminous roofing membranes, including how and why they came to be, focusing on market conditions and raw material availability and performance.
- Explain the four SBS system application methods and two APP system application methods and how a facilities location, project timeframe and site conditions could impact which method best fits your project.
- Gain an understanding of the physical performance of these roofing membranes, what drives that performance and the various choices available that differentiate the available products in the roofing system family.
- Match project design criteria, membrane options, application options and long-term performance to provide multiple solution offerings to your building owners and communicate the differences between these good, better or best type offerings.
Low-Slope Roofing Insulation and Cover Boards
- Explain the different design considerations around the selection of your roof insulation and the thickness requirements associated with your project location.
- Review the attachment methods and options for both your roof insulation and cover boards.
- Determine the primary uses of cover boards in a roofing system and the various performance considerations with different membranes.
- Examine the changes in performance requirements, and how the selection of the proper cover board can extend the life of the roof.